Sunday, July 27, 2008

Volunteering!

I strongly believe in the power of volunteering. I was brought up in a rural area of Texas and I remember my parents working in the fields as early as the age of 5. I remember times like that with my family growing up. Those were some of the happy times for my family and I.

The work ethic was instilled in me this early in my life but I was also taught to give back to my community as well. I remember it started doing little things like donating my used clothes and giving small offerings to the church every Sunday.

These days I find myself doing many things to give back to my community. I volunteer teaching English in Okinawa Japan, I am active at my community center, I often donate clothing and books to needing children and so on. My life is much more satisfying when I give of myself.

In the future, I may call upon you, my friends, to give of yourselves as we try to make Okinawa more beautiful by fostering friendships and more importantly gaining an understanding of each others cultures.

Buena Suerte!
Cesar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Top 10 Caribbean Beach Vacations:-
1. Aruba:
2. Barbados:
3. Turks and Caicos Islands:
4. Bahamas:
5. British Virgin Islands & U.S. Virgin Islands:
6. Cayman Islands:
7. Dominican Republic:
8. Anguilla:

Community Based Tourism